Subscribe

Enter your email address below to subscribe to this blog.

Friday, June 27, 2014

The Final Days


We are coming up on our final days here in Ethiopia :(

We'll be back though...

Thanks to the many of you who supported us during this journey...whether it was through prayers, financially, providing encouragement and/or kind words! WE APPRECIATE YOU!!!!

Today and Yesterday Combined: Yesterday, we completed our last day of field ministry: We did an in home bible study.  I wasn't feeling too well. I think I ate something that didn't agree with me, so I tagged a long with another group so that I didn't have to do too much walking.  I am feeling 100% better now. Yay!


We met a 120 year old man! He was so vibrant, singing and even doing a little dancing. We couldn't believe his age, so we kept asking different translators to find out.  That is amazing!  One thing that I found out is that although many Ethiopians own cattle, chickens etc, most still don't eat meat. They also don't eat much, if any process foods. One reason is because they don't have access to it and two is because they grow and cook everything from scratch.  I bet that has a lot to do with the longevity they have.
Caden and the 120 year old man we had the pleasure of meeting
This little beauty stole my heart!

Another thing that I've noticed is that even in poverty, they are still some of the most giving people that I've ever met. When they invite you into their homes, they love to feed you and have a coffee ceremony for you.  I feel like should be giving to them.  I also don't think fashion and having on a different set of clothes every day is a priority.  Every day on the way up to the mountains, I see men and women "bathing" in some of the filthiest water that I have ever seen.  Some hang out and wait for their clothes to air dry and others just put back on the same thing. Even in all of this poverty, they are still some of the most joyous people that I have EVER come across.  I am already looking forward to coming back.  This trip has certainly made me reflect on how much "stuff" I have, how much I waste and truly discover how truly blessed I am... even more.


TODAY was great as well! We went back to the school for a dedication ceremony and service.  We had a chance to take a tour, interact and play with the kids.  Caden and the other kids, played soccer and other games until the ceremony started.  After the ceremony, we had a church service to say goodbye to our translators, discipleship makers, give them thank you cards and a love offering.  There was singing dancing and yes, another Ethiopian coffee ceremony.
The school entrance


During the dedication ceremony, translators, e3 Partners, school and government officials
One of the handsome school boys

Another beautiful face at the school

Selfie time with my favorite little guy! He's so awesome!

Soccer! They will play soccer with any size ball or even a plastic bottle
Dancing and singing at the church service


Tomorrow, we get an off day. Caden and I will be going on an alligator and hippo tour while some will go to other village where they started a church a few years ago to check on them etc.  Others have the option to hang around the hotel. Four of us will start heading home on Sunday while, 7 more arrive. Please pray for traveling grace for the entire team and the work that will continue.

Ethiopian taxis! 3 wheels.

There's always heavy traffic during our early morning and afternoon commutes to and from Segen!





No comments:

Post a Comment